I have been neglectful again! It has been over a week since I last wrote, which I think is my longest stretch so far. I have several reasons for the delay:
1. Everything continues to be crazy, but at the same time not much new is happening, so I feel like I’ll just be repeating myself with anything I write. To briefly summarize:
a). Our house goes on the market this week (!), so we’ve been busy doing the final few things to get it spruced up. My husband bought some adorable flowers which he’s put in flowerpots placed strategically on our porch and back deck, and also took all of the old junk our neighbours had piled around their houses to the dump for them so that our block would not look too trashy.
b). We’re getting house listings from our real estate agent in our new city to sift through, which is super exciting because I’m going there next week to finally check some out in person.
c). Related to a) and b), we’re starting to firm up what we can afford and how much financing we’ll need, so some calls and appointments there.
d). I have my interview next week (follow up to two phone interviews a few weeks ago).
2. Not much time to sit down and write:
a). Work was busy end of last week and I worked most of the weekend.
b) Now I’m away for work for one week, so my schedule is all messed up.
3. Nothing new to write about re: babymaking status:
a) Still waiting for my follow up endometrial biopsy early next week before I can get confirmation on when we’re proceeding with the IVF. Thankfully with all of the other distractions going on, this two week wait has flown by!
b) I’ve been on birth control pills for almost three weeks now, and my uterus is currently inhospitable due to the endometritis, which means I am less fertile right now than I have ever been. Therefore, no chance of a last minute miracle pregnancy (not to mention that we’ve barely had sex the last few weeks).
I have had a few moments recently though, that if onlyI had more time I would have expanded on in a blog post. I may still do so later this week, but in case I don’t, here they are:
1. It has been almost a year since my first pregnancy. I thought once I passed the due date in January, the next big date would be the anniversary of the miscarriage in June, however I find that it keeps popping into my head now that it’s April, as it was last April that I had the IUI that was successful, and also when I found out I was pregnant. So I think there will be some emotional moments coming up.
2. I started fertility yoga again last week! I’m so excited that the class is being offered again and I feel like it’s a good omen for me as it will get me through most of the IVF process. At the first class, we had to go around the room and introduce ourselves and share anything we wanted about our fertility journey. Since I was the first one, I felt like I would be setting the tone for how the rest of the introductions would go, so I wanted to make sure I shared enough that people would feel comfortable opening up, without having to launch into detailed history.
So, I shared that I was starting my first IVF. I figured this neatly summarized that either: a) We’ve been trying way too long (true!), or b) We had some serious fertility roadblocks, or c) Both, and there would be no need to go into all the gory details.
I also shared that I had taken the class before, but didn’t want to share that I’d taken it twice already, and the first time was almost 2 years ago, as I didn’t want to freak the other girls out and dash their hopes that this was not going to be the ticket to getting pregnant. Who knows, maybe it would be for them? And then a lightbulb went on in my head – I realized that the last time I did this class, I GOT PREGNANT. My last class in the September session was just before finding out I was pregnant with my chemical pregnancy. And this realization made me feel so incredibly happy and hopeful that my next pregnancy is right around the corner.